Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A couple goals to work towards... (and a guest blogger tomorrow!)

It's time I set a few goals for myself, here for all the world to see. Having lost 8.8 pounds in the 7 weeks I've been back on WW, I know that the program does work when I do it. It is hard to be good all the time and I do struggle, but I refuse to deprive myself. One of the great gals in my WW meeting put it perfectly last week. She said it's taken her awhile to lose the weight she has, but it's because she's been busy living. I love that. You have to live and enjoy life and enjoy the events in your life that involve food. Our family gets together at least once a month for family dinners. Sometimes they are at one of our homes, other times they are at a restaurant. Sometimes I will stay on point and sometimes I don't. But that is why we have extra weekly points, not to mention hard-earned activity points. Case in point, we went to Hooters on Easter Sundar for a non-traditional dinner. I chose to have my "usual" and not worry about the points. It was a treat, one that I really enjoyed. It's being able to get back on track that means I will succeed in the long run.

So anyway, back to my goals. Iam losing an average of 1.25 lbs. a week - sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less. I am an overall picture kind of girl. I have a weight that I want to get to and I am happy getting there in due time. Like I've said, I'm not in any hurry.

Weight goals:
June 15th - I would like to be down 16 pounds total - this will put me at my 10% goal
October 15 - I would like to be at my goal weight of 130 and maintaining it, back at lifetime member status

Activity goals:
June 15th - I would like to be able to run 2 miles straight - I am not looking to set record times, just be able to run continuously for 2 miles
October 15 - I would like to be able to run 2 miles a day, 5 days a week

I realize that it is likely I may have less weight to lose than others, just as likely as it is more than others. But it is my feeling that losing weight is all relative. For myself, my short little 5' 3" frame does not do well anytime I get over 145. It affects me physically as well as mentally. It is hard on my legs and feet and I notice that my back is more prone to issues when I am carrying extra weight. 130 is my happy weight. I am most comfortable there. It's hard to get under that number, although I have dipped into the upper 120's a few times before, but it is hard to maintain. I am a very muscular gal.

I am struggling a bit this week with working out. I did not work out on Monday. Yesterday I did my TaeBo Cardio Circuit 2 workout - 53 minutes of sweating my butt off. It's great. I intended to walk today, always working towards my goal of 15 miles a week, but it was so warm here today, I couldn't bring myself to walk outside. The treadmill did not seem the least bit exciting to me so I decided to do TaeBo again. I did it two days in a row last week as well. So, half of my weekly goal has been reached. Two days of TaeBo for the week - done.

I hope you'll check back here tomorrow. I am so excited to have a guest blogger. Her name is Joanna and I love to read her blog. She is an inspiration and has quite a story. She is on a weight loss journey as well and has lost an amazing 86 pounds so far. You can find her over at Diary Of A Mad, Fat Woman . I urge you to read her story and follow her real-life struggles as she works towards her goal. She is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment