Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy

Again following the lead of my hero-blogger Joanna, I'm starting a new Friday tradition here on my blog. I answer random questions so you can get to know me better. Hopefully you will follow my lead and do the same so I can get to know you better. See, it can work for both of us!

If you were asked to symbolize yourself as an animal – which animal would you be?
I think anyone could probably answer this for me.  I would be a dog. It’s no secret that I love dogs, I’ve been a dog lover for as long as I can remember. We have always had dogs and they were all very special. So, why would I be a dog? That’s easy… I could love everyone around me unconditionally and not be judged. I would make people feel better just by being around them. I wouldn’t have to worry about anything except when my next nap would be. I could go to the bathroom just about anywhere outside. I wouldn’t have to worry about when or what to eat because someone else would feed me. And, I would be super cute. Dogs are adorable.

Did you ever play an organized sport – with coaches, rules and scoring? Tell us about it.
Let’s see… I’ve played tennis and softball. I loved tennis, I wish I had not stopped playing it. I also enjoyed softball but I don’t remember it quite as well as tennis. I was a pretty active kid, always doing something whether it was dance, tennis, or softball. In the 4th grade, I started playing the flute and played all the way through high school. (Joanna – I, too, was a band geek!) I was in marching band and concert band. For two years, I was a squad leader in marching band. One year I also took choir, and I took music theory. Band was my life, I loved it and wanted to be a band director. Clearly that didn’t happen.

When did you start shaving your legs?
Geez, I don’t really remember. If I had to guess, I was probably 13 or 14??

When you’re in a crabby – pissy – want to stab everyone you see kind of mood – what do you do to get out of it or do you revel in it?
I do my best to TRY and hide my bad moods, but they usually become apparent when it gets to be too much and then I just become a real grouch.
If I’m REALLY crabby / pissy, I just cry because I can’t keep it in any longer. This is why walking is so important to me. I say it a lot, but it’s just as much for my mental health as it is for my physical health. It clears my head and I’m able to shut things out and just not think about them.
5. Summarize your week in blogland and in real life.
Blogland has been good. I’ve been pretty active after a couple weeks of not having much to say. I am trying to get more followers so hopefully my blog is interesting to people. I know I love to read blogs, surely there is someone out there who likes to read mine.  =) Real life has been busy. Why is it that short, holiday weeks seem so long??? I mean, I only worked 4 days (technically 3 ½) but the week seemed to go on forever. Lots of crap happening at work, bad weather, had to drive 200 miles round trip yesterday…. Yea – it’s been a busy week. This morning was my WW meeting - tomorrow's post will be about that.
 I am SO glad it’s the officially the weekend.
If you happen to do your own BYOC post on your blog, be sure to post a link here so I can read it!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! I'm so glad you did this!!

    You had great answers!!

    You will get more followers... It takes a while, but eventually the numbers start to grow.

    You have a lot of great stuff to say, and it's interesting to read... I bet business is booming in no time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked BYOC - I post the questions every Friday if you want to keep doing it! Great answers!

    ReplyDelete