Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back to life, back to reality...

Sorry to have been MIA in blogland much of this last week. As you saw in my last post, two of my aunts were visiting from California. We had a fun filled week, that is for sure. It's not often I get to play tourist myself, but I did and was reminded of the great places we have here that I do not frequent enough. A few places we went that I should go to more often...

Honeymoon Island Beach
Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs
Johns Pass in Madeira Beach

And here are a few of my favorite photos from our fun-filled week...


Nick, Jenna, and Autumn being silly at Ozona Pig

Girl time! Darlene, Mommy, Jenni, me, and BJ at Crystal Beach

BJ, Darlene, and Mommy at Honeymoon Island

Mike, our niece Autumn, and I at John Chesnut Park.

Family at John Chesnut Park

Besides having fun in the sun, there was also a lot of Scrabble and card playing. I played when I could - nothing like a good Scrabble game. I know my mom and aunts were up to the wee hours of the morning playing each night.

The best part oftheir visit is the laughter and togetherness they bring with them. Their visit was a wonderful distraction from the daily grind we are used to. Work, work, work is the norm for us. My mom and I did the bare minimum for work while they were here and enjoyed free time with them.

They went home Tuesday afternoon. Talk about being bummed out...  :( It was certainly sad to see them leave, we came crashing back down into the work, work, work routine we are used to. I can't wait until we see them again.

So now it's back to life, back to reality...Most importanly for me this means back to eating right. Of course it's Thursday and they left Tuesday and I still have yet to get back there. I had the chance yesterday but didn't. Pizza and beer for dinner is not the best choice. Tomorrow's weigh-in will be interesting to say the least. We ate out ALOT and enjoyed Starbucks more than I normally do. The scale has every reason to be up tomorrow, so I am prepared. I won't like it, but I am prepared. I worked my butt off and walked 20+ miles before they arrived, knowing I would not have time to walk while they were here. It's been 8 days since my last walk. Thankfully, I'll be walking a 10-mile training walk with my sister-in-law on Saturday morning. I know that is going to give me a good jump start for the next week. I have got to get back in the right mindset and focus on getting to my 10% goal. I HAVE TO.

I also hope to be back in blogland daily now. I missed it. Oh, and today in the mail I received my Skinny Cow Chocolate Candy coupons that I won from Joanna over at Diary of a Mad, Fat Woman. Can't wait to get my free goodies and try them. Thanks again Joanna!

Small favor to ask of you today... Could you take a moment to visit my sister-in-law's blog and consider making a donation? You can find her over at Healthy Hooters and she is raising money for the Susan G, Komen 3 Day For The Cure walk coming up in October.

Until next time!

1 comment: