Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

So far so good!

Today is my 4th day back on WW. I jumped back in with both feet and I'm feeling really good about it, glad I finally made the decision to go back, even if it meant going to a different location to fit it in.

Thursday, the day I re-joined, I came in right at my daily points without much planning. Friday was a little more challenging as we went out for lunch and dinner. I planned ahead for both and was  very proud of myself. Jason's Deli for lunch meant I could easily have a half of a turkey sandwich on wheat with mustard, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. it came with a small side of blue tortilla chips and salsa. Very filling. We went to Chili's for dinner and I didn't have any chips and salsa. Not. One. This is so freaking hard for me because endless chips and salsa are one of my most favorite things but I decided it wasn't worth it. Much different than the ones I had at lunch which weren't greasy and there was a set amount on my plate. I knew if I took one chip at dinner, I was done. I went into my weekly  points for the Margarita Grilled Chicken I had with black beans and rice but it was well worth it, and I didn't eat every single bite. I stopped when I was full.

Saturday after walking 9.34 miles I was pretty hungry, but amazingly didn't eat all my points for the day. We went to Jimmy John's for lunch, I knew I could have one of their Unwich lettuce wraps for hardly any points. IT WAS SO GOOD!!! So many things I want to try there and if I go the Unwich route, not many points at all for such a filling meal. For dinner I made tilapia with zucchini and tomatoes. Great day for good food, not once feeling deprived.

This morning, I had my first Starbucks in several days and boy was it worth the 3 points. I went to the store and stocked up on goodies to make a Cheesy Chili Mac and Mustard Vinaigrette dressing that I got from WW. I also planned ahead for meals, lunches, and snacks for the week. I love being prepared, it makes it so much easier. I am still on point for today.

I am feeling very empowered and proud of myself for doing this, and falling back into it so smoothly. I know the program works, I just need to take it one day at a time, and plan ahead. This is the biggest thing for me when I am so busy during the week. The more healthy choices I have, the less likely I will be to fall into the trap of eating anything - and everything - around me. I love that there are so many options for eating out and that I don't ever have to feel deprived of enjoying delicious food just because I am trying to be healthier.

I hope you all have a fabulous week!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds great!! You're off to a great start. Now, send some of that motivation to walk 9 miles over here.. m'kay??

    ReplyDelete