Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

I've been bitten...

...by the racing bug. Since signing up for the Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon coming up in just 2 weeks from tomorrow, I've been doing alot of walking and running. Last week, I did my first "official" 5K, getting a shirt and race bib and all. I am BEYOND excited about the RNR Half Marathon, it's just about all I can think about.

Last week I came super close to signing up for the Gasparilla Distance Classic Race weekend in Tampa in March. There was a promotion at Sports Authority, if you spend $85 in Nike running gear, you get free registration for certain events. I knew it would be going on this week as well, so I decided to think about it. Today, after our 11-mile training walk which went FANTASTIC, I decided I would splurge a little and buy some new running gear and get that free registration for the 8K on Sunday March 4. I bought a pair of super cool pants, a pair of shorts, a super light top, and a nifty water belt. I am all set and I will look fantastic doing it!


Super cool event shirt I got for registering for the 8K!


I am so excited about taking the time for myself and making the commitment to do these races. I certainly won't be the fastest or the best, but I will be out there doing it and giving it MY best shot. I am extremely proud of myself for doing this. I CAN DO IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment