Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

These trusty feet of mine...

At the beginning of the March, I set a goal to walk 100 miles. I hit my 100 miles today, the 30th day of the month. I walked 28 of the 30 days. 26 of those days were outside, 2 were on the treadmill because I wasn't going to let some silly weather get in the way of my goal.

I love setting goals for myself and achieving them. If only all goals were as easy to attain as this one. Yes, it took 30 days to reach it, and a lot of effort and sweat and tired legs. But every minute, every step, and every drop of sweat was worth it. I did it for me. And the best part, I had total control over it and made it happen.

Remember that will power I was searching for weeks ago, just before joining WW again? This is that will power I spoke of. That focus I needed to keep on track and take care of myself.

Oh how I love these trusty feet of mine... I know they will take me farther and farther down this road.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! You are always inspiring me Nanci! I'm considering doing couch to 5 K as soon as we get some consistent weather here!

    ReplyDelete