Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

I did it!

I joined WW, bright and early this morning. I decided as much as I was thinking about it, it meant I needed to do it. The center I used to go to was just around the corner from my house, but has since moved. All new... Much has changed including the points system. It is now Points Plus.

Ironically, I was not as worried about getting on the scale as I thought I would be. Not sure if that is good or bad. Since I've been so candid about my weight in my last few posts, I will share my first weigh-in. (YIKES)I weighed 165.8 lbs.. This is 7 pounds more than I weighed the first time I joined WW in 2006. It is also 6 pounds less than my highest weight ever. I am glad I was not more than my highest, but being 6 pounds away is nothing in my world. Very scary. I am definitely glad I went back. It was time.

So, my first goal is 5% which is 8 pounds. After that is to reach my 10% goal, 16 pounds. The first time I did WW, I consistently lost 1-3 pounds a week. The slower the better in my world. I am not looking to lose 10 pounds in one week. So this first week will be all about getting used to keeping track of my points again, as well as recalculating the foods I eat as the points may have changed.

For now, Fridays will be my weigh-in day. I will be very open and honest here about my weight loss efforts because I need to be. And who knows, maybe I'll help someone else in the process.

I also walked 5 miles today. Activity certainly won't be a problem. My biggest hurdle will be food. I am so excited to have this weekend free to get foods ready for the week. The more prepared I am, the better. I did that last time and it was great.

I am feeling VERY empowered and excited. I have a closet full of clothes that currently don't fit and I can't wait to fit in them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment