Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Oh, the beach!

This morning, my mom and I walked the Memorial Causeway over to Clearwater Beach. The causeway starts in downtown Clearwater, with parking just below it (in the shade even!). We parked and off we went! We weren't going fast, not trying to win a race or anything, just walking and enjoying the fact that we didn't have to rush to be anywhere. Those are the best kinds of walks. I always feel like I am running against the clock - always have to be somewhere to do something. But not today. Today it was just us, the sunshine, the smell of the saltwater, and the ability to walk however far we wanted to.

We walked for 2 hrs. and 12 min, a total of 5.15 miles. It was HOT but the scenery, sunshine on my shoulders, and company made up for it.

Once we got over the causeway, we walked on the beach. The water was so pretty and the white sand inviting. It made me once again wonder WHY I don't go to the beach anymore. When we first moved here in 1993, I was at the beach every weekend. I worked out at a gym on the top floor of a hotel and enjoyed the benefits of membership - use of the pool, their beach, and parking. I would be there all day and man was I tan. As time went on and the gym membership got to be expensive, I went less and less. I can't tell you the last time I was at the beach, in a bathing suit, with a beach towel. Years, I'm sure.

I wish there was more time to do these things. It sure was pretty there today.




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Clearwater Beach!! The water is so clear and the sand so white. I also love St. Pete Beach & Fort De Soto.

    Glad you had such a great time and walk with your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! What an awesome scenery to walk through!

    ReplyDelete