Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bad blogger...

I am a bad blogger. I have not blogged in over a week. I have been busy and not feeling well, but I should have had time to blog. Looks like I have some catching up to do on this one.

  • A week ago Friday, I had a gain at WW. I do not like the weeks that I gain. I know they are bound to happen, but I would be a happier girl if they did not.
  • A week ago Saturday, I walked a 6-mile training walk with my fabulous sister-in-law Jenna. She is doing the Tampa Bay 3-Day For The Cure Walk this fall. You can find her blog here. While you are here, will you consider making a donation? She is so close to reaching the amount needed to walk.
  • A week ago Sunday was Father's Day, our first without my dad. We started the morning at the Bay Pines VA National Cemetery in St. Petersburg to place flowers and a balloon. I, of course, cried like a baby. This year of firsts is proving to be as hard as I expected. I cannot express in words how much I miss him. That same day we went out to dinner for my hubby's birthday and Father's Day. Hubby chose to go to one of my dad's favorite restaurants and then to Crystal Beach for another beautiful sunset in honor of my dad. They just get more and more beautiful.

    Flowers and a balloon for Daddy...
    So pretty and serene at Bay Pines VA National Cemetery
    Another beautiful sunset at Crystal Beach
  • This was a hard week for work. We had a big project to do and everything had to happen just right to get it done. Amazingly enough, it all worked out. Probably I stressed more than necessary but how do I know that my stress didn't help get it done? I will never know.
  • I started feeling sick on Wednesday (about a week and a half after my hubby and sister-in-law had been sick). I felt like I had been run over and I had a fever. I never have a fever. I was cold and exhausted. After going out to dinner with hubby for his birthday, I made myself comfy on the couch with a dose of Nyquil. I stayed home Thursday with a fever all day. Not fun.
  • Despite knowing better, I worked most of Friday. I went in around 10:30 and got home at 4:30. I had to get things done so that I could enjoy my weekend and not stress over getting it all done on Monday. I was exhausted when I got home and was feeling run down again.
  • I did not walk at all this week - not since last Sunday. I HATE that I have not walked and had I known on Monday and Tuesday that I would have been sick Wednesday, I would have made time to do it. I really wish my darn crystal ball would work.
  • For the first time since going back to WW, I missed yesterday's meeting to avoid getting people sick. I am sure the scale would not have been kind to me but I still missed the meeting, the support, and the chit chat. Next week!!
  • Today was supposed to be our monthly crop but I cancelled it since I've been sick. I still think this bug is hanging on, so best to not get others sick, but I'm bummed to not have the girl time. I will do some digi-scrapping today on my own. My hubby did make my morning, though, by getting me Starbucks. The key to this girls' heart is caffeine.
That's it in a nutshell. I am happy to have alot of downtime this weekend to sleep, read, watch movies, and more.

1 comment:

  1. It's always hard to have a week when you've gained a bit of weight, but I'm glad you're not being too hard on yourself!