Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Accountability

For the first time since going back to WW, I briefly thought yesterday after weighing in that I was not going to post my weight on Facebook. That thought lasted all of two seconds as the word ACCOUNTABILITY popped in my head.

I went back to WW because clearly I could not do this on my own. I was not capable of making the right choices and healthy decisions needed to get back to where I used to be. Back to where I know I can be again.

For two weeks I have gained 1.2 pounds. The exact same weight gain both weeks does not sit well with me. The week before I didn't work out at all, it was not totally surprising to me. This past week I did work out, I walked 3 days and did TaeBo twice. If anything, I was expecting to stay the same.

But when the scale went up AGAIN, I thought about what I was doing that I shouldn't be, and what I wasn't doing that I should be. So here we go:

- Drink at least 64oz. of water. - this is usually easy for me. I drink water like it's going out of style, but the past few weeks, my water intake is way down. This is priority number one for me this weekend to get back on track.
- Track my foods - many times the past two weeks,  I have not tracked my meals. Other days I have, even tracking ahead of time to plan for my day (such as Mother's Day when I decided in the morning what I would have - and stuck to it - and planned the rest of the day around it).
- Soda - I have had a couple more than I normally would this last week. There is nothing wrong with having soda - if you count the points and budget for it, you can have it. But for me personally, I do much better with only a couple a week. I usually save it for when we go out to eat.
- Wine - I had wine last weekend and that is just a lot of empty points. It certainly is good when drinking it but at 4 pts. a glass, it really adds up.

This is my confessional. I cannot have another gain this week. I know that there will be gains from time to time, but I cannot let a gain two weeks in a row go unnoticed. Here are my stats to date:

Joined WW 03/11/11 - 165.8 lbs.
Last weigh-in 05/13/11 - 159.0 lbs.
                    = 6.8 lb. loss

I was up to 9.2 lbs. on 04/29/11 prior to my gains.  SO close to hitting 10 pounds.

I will continue to be accountable for myself. Getting close to 10 pounds was a huge confidence booster, knowing that my hard work was paying off. I slipped. So now it's time to tighten the reins and do what I need to do, because I KNOW I can do it.

3 comments:

  1. There's always going to be weeks it doesn't work. But going through it's usually pretty easy to pinpoint why it didn't work. I havent logged food in two weeks, so I know tomorrow's WI will bring me some scary news. I don't think it will be horrible, but my exercising was lagging as well! Here's to a better week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanci, I don't think you should be concerned about those little weight gains. After all, you're doing weight training now. Be more concerned about how your clothes are fitting! I'm sure you know that muscle weighs more than fat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just re-joined WW myself. Last year I lost 20 pounds, and since then, gained it all back...plus more. I get easily discouraged, so I understand what a tough battle it is....I am currently 160 lbs, and my goal is 130.

    ReplyDelete