Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday = Walking

Another Saturday, more miles chalked up. I am so happy to support my SIL Jenna in her training for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day For The Cure Walk. This morning we walked 11 miles and it was great as usual. Great scenery, great conversation, support, and girl time. Our tootsies were SORE when we were done. Me with my ever present pain in my heel (yes I know I should have it checked, ugh) and poor Jenna with a couple blisters. Hopefully she gets those blisters out of the way now before the 3 Day walk in October.

It is SO very empowering to do these training walks. Not only I am out there in support of Jenna, but it is great for me and trying to reach my weight loss goals. It's a win-win situation. Next Saturday... 12 miles!

Great group!! (I need a pink shirt!)

Strong and determined!!

Feeling very accomplished!

Enjoying the ice cold towels - they felt heavenly after walking in the heat.

4 comments:

  1. So impressed with your motivation! You have the heart of a marathoner my dear. So glad to hear from you again. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing!! There's supporting people - and then there's REALLY supporting people. You are an amazing person for being there for your SIL and completing such awesome distances with your walking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks Melissa. That really makes me feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joanna! =) It's a good thing I enjoy walking, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete