Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm gonna do it!

Earlier in the year I mentioned wanting to do the Rock 'N Roll 1/2 Marathon in St. Pete in February. When I stopped my running / walking routine, I thought that was now just a dream. How could I possibly do it?

I have not stopped thinking about it. Whether I've been running or walking or not in the past few crazy busy months, it has been on my mind. The other night it occurred to me that there is nothing stopping me from doing it. Why not? I must be crazy! This prompted me even more to get off my butt yesterday morning and go running/walking. Even after not doing it for a few months, my time was not awful.

I asked hubby if he thought I could do it and of course he said YES. (thank you honey!) If he thinks I can do it, then I know I can. And having him at the finish line, waiting for me and cheering me on will motivate me even more.

It's 2 weeks after my 40th birthday. I can't think of a better time to do my first 1/2 marathon. I'M GONNA DO IT!!! I may not run the whole thing, but I'll give it my best shot and will feel very accomplished when it's over, whatever my time may be. 2012 is going to be MY year. I'm going to do more things for myself and this seems like a pretty good way to start it.



I'm gonna do it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment